Search Our Blog
Subscribe for Updates
TagsChef Jordan Wagman class cleaneatz cleanse cleanse for life cold-pressed comfort food cycling Delivery Room downward dog essential oils fitness fitness tips fresh goals having a baby healthy meal hollow body position inspiration juice kids yoga meal plan Motherhood motivation my first wheels myFood coach natural OperationSWEAT spyngaFide post natal soghrati tanya carinci technology tracey training pairings workout yin yin/yang yin yoga yoga yoga teacher training
Spynga on Instagram
Category Archives: yoga teacher training
by, Charlene Yeh
Teaching Restorative Yoga is one of the most important gifts that we can give our students and ourselves. Slowing down and resting are acultural for our society, so encouraging others to rest and relax requires a deep personal commitment to exploring one’s own quiet practice. How can we hold space and create a safe environment in which others can let go, forget their worries, and rest deeply? Because being active and dynamic are usually deemed more important than quiet and passive states, as restorative yoga teachers, we must have our own inner experiences to share.
Convincing students that they need more rest and not another workout, requires a belief that there is much benefit to be gained through the restorative practice. Through balancing the nervous system, we regulate hormonal levels, decrease cortisol levels, gain better sleep and a clearer mind. The practice also helps to release tense muscles, relieve achy joints, and train the mind in transitioning from stress to calm.
Ok…We are up to 12 reasons. Ever left a juicy yoga class and thought, hmmm… I wish I could teach like that? Ever had an inkling to inspire and move people back to themselves through breath and a spirited flow called yoga? Here’s your chance!
1. You love yoga so much you want to share the love with others!
2. An opportunity to study and learn about anatomy (in a fun way of course!), yogic philosophy, meditation, breathing techniques that calm and energize, and how to get in that very twisty pretzel pose that eludes you. See curriculum here!
3. Learn about yourself and take a trip on a remarkable transformational personal journey
4. Immerse yourself in a community of like minded people who can sit and talk about the minutia of posture alignment all day!
5. Discover the impact of teaching, inspiring, and touching people’s lives daily and what that does to your soul and the soul of others.
6. Work with a fantastically experienced faculty!
7. Free Yoga for 5 months (it’s included!)
8. Learn how to make a passion of yours a real live business and you are the BOSSS.. .yogi-like of course!